Wednesday 2 March 2011

Modelling the Gun


Reference:
Walther PPK pistol fitted with silencer [Image online] Available at: [Accessed 01 Feb 2011]


To model the gun I first drew a long box and then shaped it using the vetex selection button. I also used the extrusion, bridge, cut and connect tools to shape the body of the gun until i was happy that it look like the picture I had found from the internet.

I modelled the gun in the same way as the cars by only modelling half of it and then using the symmetry tool to make both sides of the gun exactly the same.

Once I was happy wit the shape of the body of the gun i moved onto creating the silencer for the gun. To do this I creating a cylinder as a seperate object and then used the extrusion tool to add detail to the object. I then attached this object to the main body of the gun and used the turbosmooth tool to soften the edges of the gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment