Tuesday 1 March 2011

Creatin the Wheels


To create the wheels I first drew a tire using the tube tool under standard primitives and moved it into place. I then selected the entire outer edge to the tire by using the edge tool and the loop tool. To add more geometry i used the chamfer tool, this created a better curvered edge to the tire. I then selected the middle edge on the fron face of the tire and again used the loop tool to select the whole ring. With this selected i dragged this ring out slightly to create a slight buldge in the tire to make it look more realistic.

To create the wheel itself I then drew another tube, as a seperate object, just inside the tire, however this time I changed the amount of segments there were on the cap face to 60. Once I had shaped this and put it in the right place i then drew a cylinder in the centre of the ring and made sure that this had 30 segments on the cap face and then attaching it to the first object to make them one object. By making the outer ciircle have 60 faces and the inner circle have 30 faces i could accurately place the 5 spindles the same space apart. To do this I simply selected 3 polygons on the inside tube and 3 opposite polygons on the outside tube and then bridged them together creating one og the spindles. I then left a gap of 3 polygons on the inside tube and 9 polygons on the outside tube and repeated the process. I repeated this again 3 more times and the wheel was created. Using the inset tool and extrusion tool I add in the dimensions of the centre of the wheel.

To finish off the wheel i added a brake disc. I did this simply by drawing a cylinder just inside the wheel and adding a box to it to create the calipar.

No comments:

Post a Comment